More players have a chance to try out Halo Infinite this weekend. The multiplayer’s tech preview will be available through the Xbox Insider Hub. Starting Friday, October 1 through Sunday, October 3, anyone with access to the Xbox Insider Hub app can check out Halo Infinite’s tech preview for free. You’ll have to download the app if you don’t already have it on your system. The tech preview for the multiplayer is available to pre-download now via the app. Here are the instructions to download the app and get started, taken from the Xbox Support website:
- Go to Store on Home or select Store in the guide.
- Select Search, enter insider in the box, and then select Xbox Insider bundle.
- Enter insider in the box, then select Xbox Insider bundle.
- Select Get or Install. This will install both the Xbox Insider Hub and the Report a problem app.
- Open the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Choose Previews.
- Choose a game, app, or other experience.
- Press Join.
- Choose a Group you want to join (if applicable), and then select Done.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of participating in the preview, and then select Accept
The tech preview should immediately install. If it doesn’t, reset your console, navigate back to the preview in the Xbox Insider Hub, and select the option to view in the store. You should then be able to install this version of Halo Infinite. From there you can freely participate in the tech preview this weekend.
First impressions from the multiplayer’s preview sound promising so far, with the gameplay hearkening back to the glory days of Halo 3. After Halo Infinite’s release getting pushed back, and the ridicule Microsoft and 343 Industries received over early screenshots, this game could use some good momentum heading into the new release date.
Halo Infinite releases December 3, 2021 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass.